It is estimated that at least 100,000 children in the United States are at risk for sex-trafficking (Center for Missing & Exploited Youth).
The objective of Project S.A.F.E. is to equip middle and high school students and teachers with the educational resources they need to protect their student body and community.
- Phase 1 – Equip 10 school districts identified in The Cleveland Backpage Report as areas of concern for human trafficking.
- Phase 2 – Equip 50 Northeastern Ohio Schools with Project Safe.
- Phase 3 – Partner with local Universities & Colleges to make Project Safe available to future teachers and teachers returning for CEU’s.
Project S.A.F.E. will teach students & teachers about the modern human trafficking endemic and Internet risk factors thus lowering the student’s chances of being exploited. Project S.A.F.E. will also teach & encourage responsible consumer behaviors in hopes that said choices will help to ease the burden of the international forced labor victim. Teachers, schools counselors, administration and school nurses will be equipped with the identifying factors and assistance measures to aid students who may currently be involved in a exploitative situation.
– Initial fixed costs including curriculum development & filming of instructional DVD $15,000
– $100.00 per school expenditure including curriculum, materials to identify and assist victims of school age exploitation & instructional video.
- Total for Phase one: $16,000
- Total for Phase two: $5000.00
- Total for Phase three: To be determined