Today is National Human Trafficking Awareness Day. So that means around the country all sorts of advocacy groups are going to be throwing out pictures meant to stir your emotions and rally support. There will be impassioned speeches & all sorts of rallying cries but at the end of the day, it is just a day… If we truly want to make a difference we need to institutionalize the issue so that we aren’t just doing things or raising awareness on one day of the year, but on every day of our lives.
BE THE HERO!
Here is a list of things that you should do today to make a difference!
1. Share That January 11th is National Human Trafficking awareness Day on Facebook or other social media.
2. Find out where you can purchase locally grown produce.
3. Buy a Fair Trade Chocolate Bar & chomp on that thing (chocolate is awesome, fair trade is even more awesome)
4. Check out these pants from All American Clothing You can source their products all the way to the farm that grew the cotton
5. Talk to your son regarding the objectification of women. Teach them that women are people, not objects.
6. Commit to buying at least 1 refurbished piece of electronics this year
7. Try to purchase locally harvested (in the U.S.) or farmed fish
8. Don’t buy commercial sex including prostitution, porn & going to strip clubs
9. Drink a healthy cup of fair trade coffee with a ton of fair trade sugar & some locally produced cream
10. Tell others about some of the simple life changes they can make to build a more free world.
p.s. if you want to know why or how any of these things work please read through this blog or shoot me an e-mail jesse @imaginefreedom.org